Trying to find something new to do with that can of chickpeas sitting in your cabinet? Look no further than this roasted chickpea recipe from the Dietitian FavoritesCookbook. Chickpeas are a good source fiber and protein, so you can fill up quickly with this crispy, savory snack. These chickpeas can also be tossed in salads or even sprinkled over soup.
· 2-15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
· Cooking Spray
· 1 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
· 1 tsp. garlic powder
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· Dash of cayenne
1) Spray rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour chickpeas on and spread them into a single layer. Take a few sheets of paper towel and gently press over the top of the beans to remove any excess liquid.
2) Spray the tops of beans with cooking spray and sprinkle seasonings over. Shake pan to help distribute seasoning.
3) Place pan in an oven at 350 degrees (no need to preheat) and cook until the beans are browned and crispy. Shake the pan every 15 minutes so that nothing burns.
4) Remove from oven and let cool. Store in a covered bowl to maintain freshness.
For more great recipes, you can download the Dietitian Favorites Cookbook for free.
Find “Nutrition Services” Under “Our Services”
Click on link to download cookbook
Provided by Meredythe Barrick RDN, LDN, WMHS Outpatient Dietitian